Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization having a place of business at 1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite 300, Washington DC, 20036 (referred to herein as “ABCC,” “we,” “us” and “our“), understands the importance of the privacy of individuals who visit and interact with our websites (referred to as “users” and “you“). This Privacy Statement (the “Statement“), which is incorporated into our Terms and Conditions of Use below (“Agreement”), describes the information the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade collects through AVON39.ORG and other websites sponsored by Avon Breast Cancer Crusade (collectively, the “ABCC Websites”), and how we use and disclose that information. This Statement represents the sole authorized statement of the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade’s practices with respect to the collection of information through the ABCC Websites and the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade’s use of that information. By using the ABCC Websites, you agree to this Statement. If you do not agree to this Statement, you may not use the ABCC Websites.
This Statement applies solely to Avon Breast Cancer Crusade’s collection of information through the ABCC Websites and the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade’s use and disclosure of that information. This Statement does not apply to any of the following: (a) Avon Breast Cancer Crusade’s collection of information through any website other than the ABCC Websites, or the use or disclosure of any information so collected; (b) Avon Breast Cancer Crusade’s collection of information offline, for example, by telephone or direct mail, or the use or disclosure of any information so collected; or (c) the collection, use or disclosure of information by any third party (even those affiliated with us). We reserve the right to change this Statement, in whole or in part, from time to time at our sole discretion, and to provide you notice of the change by any reasonable means, including without limitation posting the revised draft of this Statement and notice of the changes on the ABCC Websites. You can determine when this Statement was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this Statement. Your continued use of the ABCC Websites following the posting of changes to this Statement constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information through the ABCC Websites: your personal information and non-personally identifiable information. “Your Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual — for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, race and ethnicity, credit card information, and billing address and shipping information. “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” (or “Non-PII“) is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
- Your Personal Information.
You do not have to provide Your Personal Information to access the ABCC Website. However, in order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the ABCC Websites (for example, to sign up to receive Avon Breast Cancer Crusade’s email newsletters, or to make a donation through the AVON39.org Website), we may require that you furnish us with Your Personal Information through the ABCC Websites. Information you provide when you register for Avon events, newsletters, or other services are collected directly by our third-party Service Provider and provided to us, except we do not receive any credit card or financial account numbers you provide.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”).
When you visit and interact with the ABCC Websites, we and our third party service providers who provide services, including without limitation website hosting, data analysis, and other services of an administrative nature (those third party service providers, our “Service Providers“) may collect Non-PII (for example, a list of the ABCC Website pages you visit). Non-PII is generally collected from server log files, cookies, and pixel tags. Our Service Providers are those third parties who collect information at our direction through the ABCC Websites and do not include Third Party Sites/Services, described in the “Operators of Third Party Sites and Services” section of this Statement.
- Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. This number is identified and logged automatically in our and/or our Service Providers’ server log files whenever you visit the ABCC Websites, along with the time of your visit and the pages that you access. We use this information, in aggregated form, to calculate usage levels on the ABCC Websites, to help diagnose problems with the ABCC Websites’ servers, and to improve the user experience on the ABCC Websites.
- Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. We and our Service Providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags) in connection with the Site to, among other things, track the activities of our Site visitors and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates. We and our third-party Service Providers also may use clear GIFs in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to help us track e-mail response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and identify when our e-mails are viewed or forwarded. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. However, in contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on website pages.
- Use of Anonymized Email Addresses. We use your e-mail addresses to exclude you from advertising campaigns on social media. We do this to improve efficiency, by not serving ads to people who are already registered. We use an anonymized version of your email address to do this. We do not share your specific email address with social media sites,
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION? We may use Your Personal Information in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- Responding to Your Inquiries and Fulfilling Your Requests. We may use Your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries to the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade and to fulfill your requests — for example, to send you newsletters that you request when you sign up to join our mailing lists, to send you updates about the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade news and events.
- Communicating with You about Avon Breast Cancer Crusade. Subject to your right to opt out (see “Opting Out of Certain Avon Breast Cancer Crusade Communications” below), we may use Your Personal Information to send you information about Avon Breast Cancer Crusade that may be of interest to you.
- Personalizing and Improving Your ABCC Website Experience. We may use Your Personal Information to personalize your experience on the ABCC Websites; for example, by presenting information through the ABCC Websites that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Combining Your Data. We may combine Your Personal Information with information collected from other users so that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the ABCC Websites, for example, by using Your Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular zip code or telephone area code.
- Sending Administrative Emails. From time to time, at our sole discretion, we may use Your Personal Information to send you emails (a) to confirm your registration with the ABCC Websites, (b) to confirm a transaction through the ABCC Websites, (c) to inform you that we have received Your Personal Information, (d) to provide you with information regarding the ABCC Websites, or (e) to inform you of changes to this Statement, the Agreement, or our other terms, conditions, or policies. Because this information may be critical to your use of the ABCC Websites, you may not opt out of receiving these emails.
OPTING OUT OF CERTAIN ABCC COMMUNICATIONS. If you would prefer not to receive email messages from the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade about new products, specials and other items of interest, you may opt out from receiving these messages by following the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in any emails you have received from the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, or you may call (800) 510-9255 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out of receiving ABCC messages.
- TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose Your Personal Information in the following ways To Service Providers. We may share Your Personal Information with Service Providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide services to us. These Services Providers are obligated to keep Your Personal Information confidential.
- To Sponsors of Sweepstakes, Contests and Similar Promotions. We may, whether alone or in cooperation with third party sponsors, operate sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions (“Promotions”) through or in connection with the ABCC Websites. We typically ask you for certain of Your Personal Information when you enter or otherwise participate in a Promotion, and, if applicable, when you win a Promotion. We reserve the right to share Your Personal Information with affiliated and third party sponsors of those Promotions (“Sponsors”), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to the Promotion. You should carefully review the rules of each Promotion in which you participate through the ABCC Websites, as they may contain important additional information about our or Sponsors’ use of Your Personal Information. To the extent that the rules of the Promotions concerning the treatment of Your Personal Information conflict with this Statement, the Sponsor’s rules will control.
- To Transfer Your Personal Information. We may disclose or transfer Your Personal Information to Avon Products Inc. and/or Avon Products Foundation so that they may carry on charitable activities and use Your Personal Information for the purposes for which you originally provided Your Personal Information.
- Other Disclosures. We reserve the right to disclose and use Your Personal Information if we believe that we are required to do so: (a) by law, (b) in response to a court order, subpoena, or law enforcement agency’s request; (c) to enforce the Agreement; (d) to protect our operations; (e) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, you or others; or (f) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE THE NON-PII WE COLLECT. Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use Non-PII, and disclose Non-PII to third parties, for any purpose.
OPERATORS OF THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES. NOTE THAT THIS STATEMENT DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OR POLICIES OF THIRD PARTIES. The ABCC Websites may contain links to websites operated by third parties, or may embed services operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites/Services“), and those third parties may have privacy practices that are different from ours. Third Party Sites/Services that are embedded in the ABCC Websites are identified as such. If you provide information through any Third Party Site/Service, that information will be collected by, and may be used and disclosed by those third parties, in accordance with the privacy practices and policies of those third parties. ABCC Website users should consult those third parties’ privacy policies when using Third Party Sites/Services, as we have no control over the use or disclosure of information by third parties.
We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, including encryption technology where appropriate, to help us safeguard against unauthorized access to Your Personal Information and to help maintain data security… Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage solution will be 100% secure. As a result, although we take steps to protect Your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or receive from us or that we store on our or our Service Providers’ systems.
Changing or Removing Your Personal Information. We provide you with several options for reviewing, correcting, updating or otherwise modifying Your Personal Information that you have previously provided through the ABCC Websites. You may log in to the ABCC Websites and change Your Personal Information. In addition, you may contact us at (800) 510-9255 or email us at email@example.com for help in modifying Your Personal Information or to have Your Personal Information removed from our databases. We will endeavor to comply with your requests to change, modify or remove Your Personal Information as soon as reasonably practicable. However, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
Location of Your Personal Information. Our servers are located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that the information you provide to us will be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States. In addition, certain Service Providers may be located in countries other than the United States or your country of residence. The United States and these other countries may have different data protection rules than those of your country of residence. By providing us with any of Your Personal Information, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of Your Personal Information in countries other than your country of residence. .
Protection of Children Under Age 13. Avon Breast Cancer Crusade does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age without parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under age 13 may have provided his or her personal information to us through Our Site, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by regular mail at Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, ATTN: AVON 39, PO Box 3535, Grand Central Station, New York, NY 10163.
Do Not Track. Avon Breast Cancer Crusade currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
CONTACTING US. If you have any questions regarding this Statement, please contact us at (800) 510-9255, either by email at email@example.com, or by regular mail at Avon Breast Cancer Crusade, ATTN: AVON 39, PO Box 3535, Grand Central Station, New York, NY 10163
Last Updated: January 24, 2017